DREAM Act Arizona!
Why? They are the ones who will be voting for the DREAM Act as part of CIR 2013.
The most effective thing you can do to help pass the DREAM Act is call your Congressional Representative and both your Arizona Senators (Senator John McCain and Senator Flake)
1) Call the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121 and ask to be connected to your Senator or Representative.
- Don’t know who you represents you?
Ask the operator, “Can you please tell me who my
Representative is for zip code (your zip code)?
- Ask to be connected to that Representative.
- Ask the operator, “Can you please tell me who my
two senators are for (your state)?
(Arizona's Senators are Senator Flake and Senator McCain).
- Ask to be connected to one of those Senators.
2) You will be connected to a staff member or a machine.
3) Inform the staff member (or leave a message) that you want your elected official to support the DREAM Act as part of CIR 2013
“Hi, my name is [NAME], and I’d like to urge [ELECTED OFFICIAL’S NAME] to support the bi-partisan DREAM Act. The students and young professionals candidates for the DREAM Act deserve a path to legalization because:
a) They will stimulate the economy by creating jobs and fostering economic growth in their communities.
b) They are some of the most academically qualified students and yet are being a denied a higher education because of their status.
c) Many don’t even remember their home countries
d) They are just as American as anyone else.
Please support the DREAM Act through CIR 2013."
Call back later if their offices are closed or their voicemail box is full.
4) They may ask you generic questions such as name or address. This is simply for their records.
5) Hang up, call the Capitol Switchboard again and repeat for your other two elected officials.
6) Be sure to call your Representative and both of your Senators.